About Us

site image

Our Story

The year was 1872 and West Chicago was known as Turner Junction when August Norris established the Norris Funeral Home. He was born in County Kent England and came to the United States in 1847 and moved here from New York in 1855. August was a skilled cabinetmaker, and as it was common then, he combined undertaking with his furniture lines. The Norris family owned and operated the funeral home for four generations. Upon August's death, his son Charles took over the business. When Charles died in September 1929, his son Ernest carried on the firm until his death in January 1951, and his son Worth succeeded him. 

Our funeral home was first located on West Washington Street and moved to 112 Main Street at the end of the 19th century. The building was the first one in the city to have an elevator. The furniture store business was on the first floor and the undertaking business was conducted on the second floor. In 1946, a specific building for the funeral home was constructed at our present location. The furniture store remained on Main Street until it closed in the late 1950's. An extensive remodeling project took place in 1973 and several extension and updates thereafter. 

Ron Segert purchased the funeral home in late 2006. He graduated from Mortuary school in 1996 and received his Funeral Director/Embalmer license in 1997. Ron had worked in the funeral business prior to receiving his license and feels that good service is very important. Ron wishes to continue the tradition of the funeral home.

In this section

About Us

Our Facilities

Contact Us

Privacy Policy

© 2021 Norris-Segert Funeral Home & Cremation Services. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy